Growth is so important, especially when running your own business. Whether you’re improving your skillset, raising your prices, or finding other ways to move forward in your business, take time to reflect on how far you’ve come!
In episode 447 of the Bokeh Podcast, Tye Bournes joins us to share the two principles she’s learned that are most important for her business. Listen in as she highlights who she’s grown and the mentors she’s had along the way—many are previous Bokeh Podcast guests!
The Bokeh Podcast is brought to you by Photographer’s Edit: Custom Editing for the Professional Photographer and Miilu: The Simplest Way to Create and Manage Timelines and Shot Lists for the Events You’re Photographing. You can also subscribe to the Bokeh podcast on the Apple podcast app, follow on Spotify, add to your playlist on Stitcher, or listen on Overcast.
Brand Position: Capturing clients at their best using photography and cinematography expertise to ensure their memories are treasured and shared for generations to come. (2:36)
Client Experience: Build a rapport with your clients. (5:45)
Technique for Time: Stick to your business hours. (8:18)
Delegation/Outsourcing: Splitting the Workload (14:59)
Two Important Principles for Business (18:55)
1. Know Your Worth
2. Improve Your Craft
3 Principles to Being Confident in your Worth (26:37)
1. Don’t be afraid to take charge.
2. Don’t be afraid to guide the clients.
3. Don’t be afraid to be personable with your clients.
Posing & Directing Your Clients (30:43)
Ways to Improve Your Craft (36:30)
1. Mentor – Chip Dizard
2. In- Person Courses – Taylor Brumfield
3. Youtube Videos
4. Conference – Hustle in Heels by Michelle Harris
5. Pricing & Website Consult w/ Michelle Harris
6. Accountability Partners – Raquita Henderson, Ashley Canay, Anesha Collins
7. Mastermind – Dr. Tomayia Colvin
8. Facebook Photography Groups – Black Female Photographer’s Group, MHarris Hustlers, and Tomayia Colvin Education
9. Styled Shoots – Attended and Hosted