Are you passionate about volunteering, but haven’t quite found a way to incorporate it into your business?
In episode 460 of the Bokeh Podcast, Jesi Cason explains how you can service others and your business through volunteerism. Listen in as she shares how to find the right organizations to volunteer with and how that work can grow your business.
The Bokeh Podcast is brought to you by Photographer’s Edit: Custom Editing for the Professional Photographer and Miilu: The Simplest Way to Create and Manage Timelines and Shot Lists for the Events You’re Photographing. You can also subscribe to the Bokeh podcast on the Apple podcast app, follow on Spotify, add to your playlist on Stitcher, or listen on Overcast.
Brand Position: Southwest FL based photographer that partners with commercial and personal brands to create content that is as bold as they are. (4:09)
Customer Experience: Earning a client’s trust. (6:57)
Technique for Time: Charge a profitable rate for your services. (12:32)
Delegation/Outsourcing: Accounting (15:21)
Passion for Volunteerism (22:05)
How Volunteerism Enables Business Growth (26:10)
1. Networking: Volunteering your Time/Services will connect you with potential clients
2. Marketing Your Values: Another way to put your values into your business publicly.
3. Pricing: Not undercutting other photographers.
Organizations to Approach for Opportunities (33:17)
Think about your ideal client and where they would give their time.
– Business Owners: Rotary, kawanas
– Families: Non-Profits that help single moms, community centers, etc.
– Pet Families: Humane Society
Building Your Style & Portfolio through Volunteerism (35:56)