Have you scrolled the Instagram accounts of your favorite bloggers or social media influencers and wondered how you could collaborate with them on their images?
In episode 286 of the Bokeh Podcast, Audrie Dollins shares her approach to creating beautiful imagery and content as a blogger photographer. Listen in as she shares the characteristics, the marketing strategies, and the processes that you’ll need to become a photographer for bloggers and influencers.
The Bokeh Podcast is brought to you by Photographer’s Edit: Custom Editing for the Wedding and Portrait Photographer. You can also subscribe to the Bokeh podcast on the Apple podcast app, follow on Spotify, add to your playlist on Stitcher, or listen on Overcast.
Brand Position: A Photographer who curates imagery for clients to accelerate their products, brands, & businesses.
Advice for Photographers: Focus on what you want to do and have to offer. Educate yourself, but don’t compare yourself. (16:59)
Technique for Time: Create a schedule for consistency. (19:22)
The Gear Bag: Flash Bender and stun gun. (23:26)
Characteristics of a Good Blogger Photographer: (35:59)
1. Work Ethic
3. Listen and Collaborate
Marketing to Bloggers & Influencers: (44:18)
1. Online Presence: Website & Social Media
2. Networking in Your Hustle
1. Connect with the client to understand the story they’re telling.
2. The client preps everything prior to arrival (ie. Food, products, etc)
3. Photograph 1-2 hours per session.
Revenue Streams in Blogger Photography: (51:36)
1. Session Fees
2. Third Party Licensing Fees
Benefits to Being a Blogger Photographer: (55:58)
1. Getting your weekends back.
2. Meeting and connecting with other entrepreneurs, then helping their business grow.