Marketing is an essential part of any business, but are you creating a marketing plan that sets you up to achieve your goals?
In episode 304 of the Bokeh Podcast, Heidi Thompson explains why creating a great marketing plan is important for your business. Listen in as she walks through the benefits of developing a marketing strategy, along with how to create a plan that leads to success.
The Bokeh Podcast is brought to you by Photographer’s Edit: Custom Editing for the Wedding and Portrait Photographer. You can also subscribe to the Bokeh podcast on the Apple podcast app, follow on Spotify, add to your playlist on Stitcher, or listen on Overcast.
Brand Position: Help wedding professionals grow their business without going crazy in the process. (2:49)
Advice for Photographers: Do things with intention. (6:41)
Technique for Time: Ask what are your 3 most important things to move me closer to my goals. (9:24)
Podcast Recommendation: mindyourbusinesspodcast.com with James Wedmore (10:37)
Approaching a Marketing Plan: Make as many of your marketing decisions up front so CEO you can delegate to the worker you. (14:27)
Benefits to Creating a Marketing Plan: (16:59)
1. Clarity & Focus
2. Allows you to do more of what’s working and less of what’s not.
Tracking Your Data: (20:23)
1. Map your data with the tool that works best for you (spreadsheet, pen and paper, etc)
3. Google Analytics
Drawbacks of Not Having a Marketing Plan: (24:53)
1. Waking up every day not knowing what you’re doing.
2. Developing overwhelm by having too much to accomplish without a plan in place.
Creating a Marketing Plan: (29:08)
1. Goals – Set your goals with numbers.
2. Research – Interview your best clients, do a competitive analysis. Get the training here: evolveyourweddingbusiness.com/webinar
3. Messaging – Review your communication in your brand.
4. How – When, where, what, and how you’re going to market.
5. Measure – Check in on the results on your efforts on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis.