In an age where video is becoming more and more popular, have you considered what hybrid shooting could do for your photography business?
In episode 239 of the Bokeh Podcast, Julianna J discusses the opportunities that videography can offer for your clients and your business. Listen in as she shares the challenges and rewards that come with learning video, along with how you can get started in videography!
The Bokeh Podcast is brought to you by Photographer’s Edit: Custom Editing for the Wedding and Portrait Photographer. You can also subscribe to the Bokeh podcast on the Apple podcast app, follow on Spotify, add to your playlist on Stitcher, or listen on Overcast.
Technique for Time: Outsourcing editing to Photographer’s Edit
Staying Focused: Create a morning routine.
The Gear Bag: Compact Sony RX105
Challenges of Adding Video to Your Workflow:
1. Understanding Your Gear for Video (Frame Rates and Basic Terminology)
2. How to Make a Switch in a Timely Fashion
3. Understand the Workflow for Post-Production
Rewards from Shooting Video:
1. You’re Offering Something Different and You Stand Out
2. Making More Money from the Same Event
3. Developing a New Skill for the Marketing Future
Moving in the Direction of Video:
1. Do Not Charge Until You Are Confident – Practice, Practice, Practice with Your Existing Customers
2. Get an Organized System for Handling and Naming Files