Do you ever feel overwhelmed, stressed, or burnt out from the responsibilities of being an entrepreneur?
In episode 104 of the Bokeh Podcast, Nathan Holritz, Heather Smith, and Haylee Gaffin discuss mental health and finding a peace of mind as the last topic in this series on health. Listen in as they share their struggles with mental health and the steps they’ve taken to proactively ensure a healthy state of mind. The audio from Workflow Wednesday episodes is from our weekly Facebook Live videos. Tune in live on Wednesdays at 1PM EST, at facebook.com/photogsedit.
The Bokeh podcast is brought to you by Photographer’s Edit: Custom Editing for the Wedding and Portrait Photographer. You can also subscribe to the Bokeh podcast on the Apple podcast app, follow on Spotify, add to your playlist on Stitcher, or listen on Overcast.
Tips to maintaining peace of mine:
1. Know your limits & recognize them.
2. Learn to say no to the things you don’t enjoy.
3. Invest in yourself through another passion. ex: piano.
4. Try out the 4-7-8 Technique.
5. Soothing music and meditation or prayer before bed.
6. Create margins in your life.
7. Cut out caffeine.
8. Epsom salt baths with lavender essential oil.
9. Read: Re-Awaken the Giant Within – Tony Robbins
10. Understand the significance of two factors: belief (the meaning you give an experience), and choice (the power to move beyond an experience and make the life you want).
11. Read: The Untethered Soul – Michael Singer (learning how to give less significance to the voice inside your head, and meditate)
Facebook Page: Photographer’s Edit
Ted Talk: How to make stress your friend
Margin – Richard Swanson
Dr. Axe on Epsom Salt Baths
Heather’s Organic Decaf Coffee
Nicole Goddard – Episode #4
Re-Awaken the Giant Within – Tony Robbins
The Untethered Soul – Michael Singer