Are you ready to start advertising your business on Facebook, but have no idea where to start??
In episode 223 of the Bokeh Podcast, our special guest, Jordan Jones shares the five biggest mistakes that photographers make with facebook ads, and what to do instead. If you’re ready to take the next step in your advertising efforts, this episode is for you!
The audio from Workflow Wednesday episodes is from our weekly Facebook Live videos. Tune in live on Wednesdays at 2:00PM EST, at facebook.com/photogsedit
The Bokeh Podcast is brought to you by Photographer’s Edit: Custom Editing for the Wedding and Portrait Photographer. You can also subscribe to the Bokeh podcast on the Apple podcast app, follow on Spotify, add to your playlist on Stitcher, or listen on Overcast.
February’s Workflow Wednesday Theme: Marketing & Advertising
3 Basic Components of a Facebook Ad:
1. Capture Attention
2. Offer a Unique Value Proposition
The 5 Biggest Mistakes People Make When Advertising on Facebook (And What to Do Instead):
1. They Use Boosted Posts (Instead: Use the feature-rich Facebook Ads Manager.)
2. They Don’t Establish the Right Objective…or Any Objective at All (Instead: Be clear about what you’re trying to accomplish with your business, and take advantage of Ads Manager to choose a relevant objective.)
3. They Don’t Use the Facebook Pixel (Instead: Use it! It only takes a few minutes to install!)
4. They Only Target Cold Traffic (Instead: Develop a retargeting campaign to follow up with those that saw your first ad, in order to build on the message communicated in that ad.)
5. They don’t Analyze Their Data (Instead: Capture it using the Facebook Pixel, and use the data to make intelligent marketing decisions.)
Petapixel’s Article About Apple’s Use of the Word Bokeh
Purpose-Driven Profit Facebook Group
Fuji Instax Mini 9 Camera
Fuji Instax Printer
Installing Your Facebook Pixel (blog post)
Choosing the Right Facebook Ad Campaign (blog post)