Are you offering valuable insight to your couples that explains the value and significance of a great wedding day timeline?
In episode 206 of the Bokeh Podcast, Lindsay Rozelle walks us through her process of building timelines that work specifically for her clients’ big day. Listen in as she shares the questions you need to ask each couple so you can help build a custom timeline, plus the best ways to communicate the importance of your role in planning for the wedding day.
The Bokeh Podcast is brought to you by Photographer’s Edit: Custom Editing for the Wedding and Portrait Photographer. You can also subscribe to the Bokeh podcast on the Apple podcast app, follow on Spotify, add to your playlist on Stitcher, or listen on Overcast.
Technique for Time: Utilizing Dubsado to handle her workflows.
Book Recommendation: Living with Intent by Mileca Chopra – bit.ly/bp-livingintent
The Gear Bag: 35mm 1.4
Communicating the Significance of a Timeline:
1. Include your role in the timeline and planning in all marketing materials, events, and website.
2. Take advantage of the initial consult to determine what overall timeline they’re looking at and what types of photos they’ll need so they can let you plan the day. (Ex: Will they have a first look and receiving line?)
Initial Questions to Help Build the Timeline:
1. Will your ceremony and reception be in the same venue?
2. Will you have a first look?
3. Will you have a receiving line?
4. Do you want sunset photos?
5. Do you want a sparkler exit?
6. What are your priorities for the day?
Lindsay’s Ideal Timeline:
Wedding Party Photos