Do you dream of photographing professional athletes in their element while exploring some of the most beautiful places in the world?
In episode 232 of the Bokeh Podcast, action sports photographer Erin Hogue shares her advice on how to break into the sports photography industry, and what challenges you can expect to face in this niche!
The Bokeh Podcast is brought to you by Photographer’s Edit: Custom Editing for the Wedding and Portrait Photographer. You can also subscribe to the Bokeh podcast on the Apple podcast app, follow on Spotify, add to your playlist on Stitcher, or listen on Overcast.
Brand Position: Action, Adventure, and Lifestyle Photographer
The Lesson: Never stop or underestimate your value.
The Gear Bag: 70-200mm & Sony A9 (Weather-sealed)
Top Three Challenges of Action Sports Photography:
1. The Gear Needs to Hold Up in Conditions
2. Getting to Locations for Shooting
3. Be Able to Show Your Value in a Competitive Industry
How to Break Into Action Sports Photography:
1. Start shooting in the parks/places that host the sport you’re looking to focus on.
2. Build relationships with the athletes that you want to work with.