Are you overwhelmed from taking on too much work in your photography business, but are afraid to ask for help? As entrepreneurs, the state of your mental health should be a priority in your life and your business.
In episode 210 of the Bokeh Podcast, we’re joined by Vanessa Hicks to discuss the importance of taking your mental health seriously. Listen in as she opens up about her battle with anxiety and depression, and shares solutions to avoiding the six triggers of mental health challenges.
If you’re struggling with your mental health, we encourage you to find support or connect with the National Alliance on Mental Health.
The Bokeh Podcast is brought to you by Photographer’s Edit: Custom Editing for the Wedding and Portrait Photographer. You can also subscribe to the Bokeh podcast on the Apple podcast app, follow on Spotify, add to your playlist on Stitcher, or listen on Overcast.
Technique for Time: Give yourself days off.
Advice for Photographers: Make sure the foundation of your home is sturdy before you take on this journey of entrepreneurship.
The Gear Bag: Canon bodies and Sigma lenses. (Sigma 35mm Art)
6 Triggers for Anxiety:
1. Stress & Lack of Self Care to Manage
3. Social Isolation
4. Barriers to Mental Health Resources
5. Identity and Self-worth is Attached to Our Business
6. Shame & Feeling Alone
1. Find free time so you have a break between business and yourself.
2. Set specific and realistic goals for your business.
3. Connect with a community you can relate to.
4. Find free resources through Google.
5. Put yourself and your family first.
6. Vanessa is here, you’re not alone, reach out to her.
Defining Your Brand’s Position with Bonnie Bakhtiari – bit.ly/bp-110
How to Design Your Photography Business with Taylor Jones – bit.ly/bp-162
Developing a Distinct Photography Brand with Jess Onesto – bit.ly/bp-186
World Health Organization – who.int
Rising Tide Society Creative & Chronically Ill – bit.ly/bp-rtscci
Tony Robbins Reawaken the Giant Within – bit.ly/bp-reawaken