Do you constantly fear that you’ll lose images because you don’t have a backup system in place?
In episode 193 of the Bokeh Podcast, Dawn Richardson of Dawn Elizabeth Studios explains the importance of taking extra steps to guarantee the safety of your client’s images. Listen in as Dawn shares every step in the workflow of her backup system so you never have to worry about losing files.
The Bokeh Podcast is brought to you by Photographer’s Edit: Custom Editing for the Wedding and Portrait Photographer. You can also subscribe to the Bokeh podcast on the Apple podcast app, follow on Spotify, add to your playlist on Stitcher, or listen on Overcast.
1. Outsource in personal and business.
2. Stack your days with similar tasks and use an online calendar to stay available.
Brand Position: Capturing joyful moments of couples ready to party and celebrate their day.
The Gear Bag: Canon 5D Mark IV with 70-200mm or Canon 85mm 1.4 IS
Creating a System to Keep Your Files Safe:
1. Start in your camera: Utilize both card slots in your camera for backup, have a backup camera ready to go if one stops working, and do not reformat cards until your client gallery is delivered.
2. Download your images as soon as possible.
3. Backup your images on a second hard drive and a cloud drive.
Dawn’s Backup Blog: bit.ly/bp-DESbackup
Rising Tide Society: bit.ly/bp-rts
Dave Ramsey’s Total Money Makeover: bit.ly/bp-tmm
Lacie Rugged Harddrives: bit.ly/bp-lacie