Is the amount of time it takes to blog your sessions keeping you from maintaining an updated portfolio on your website?
In episode 150 of the Bokeh Podcast, Ebby Lowry walks through her process for efficiently culling, editing, and blogging her sessions. Listen as she shares her favorite tools to manage her workflow.
The Bokeh Podcast is brought to you by Photographer’s Edit: Custom Editing for the Wedding and Portrait Photographer. You can also subscribe to the Bokeh podcast on the Apple podcast app, follow on Spotify, add to your playlist on Stitcher, or listen on Overcast.
Time Technique: Set business hours.
The Lesson: Sacrifices have to be made.
The Gear Bag: 50mm 1.2 and Leather Backpack
The Blogging Process:
2. Upload to computer and back up.
3. Cull through the entire gallery in Photo Mechanic.
4. Cull for the blog.
5. Edit the photos for the blog.
6. Blogstomp the images and draft the blog post.
7. Write the copy for the blog post.
Tips for Culling in Blogstomp:
1. Create an “originals” folder.
2. Create a “to edit” folder.
3. Create a “to blog” folder.
Mentioned in this Episode:
Food Network: foodnetwork.com
Bobby Flay: bobbyflay.com
Chef’s Table: bit.ly/BPChefsTable
Kara Kamienski Photography: karakamienskiphotography.com
Miriam Salgado: mirsalgado.com
Kenny Kim: kennykim.com